8.01.2011

left overs.

With just the two of us here, it seems like no matter how hard we try to get the amount right, there always seems to be leftovers! Well, from now on, that's a good thing and I'm here to tell you why...Egg Frittatas... that's why. You heard me. Now, here's why its such a good thing. Within, reason, almost anything can be put into a frittata! So far I have made one from leftover meat and veggies, leftover fajitas, as well as just random things in my kitchen :) They literally all tasted amazing! Here's what you do:

- Put a little oil in an oven-safe skillet and saute your vegetables or leftovers (basically all the extras)
- Mix together eggs and a little milk or cream (I usually mix 6-7 eggs for the two of us)
- pour the eggs over the ingredients in the pan and let it cook. Push the egg liquid around so that as much of it is cooked as possible (without making scrambled eggs).
- Once the majority of the eggs are cooked and there is just a little liquid on the top, put the pan in the oven with the broiler on for about 5 minutes and the result is basically a crustless quiche of goodness.



And that's all... I promise it is my new favorite thing to make because now I get two nights' dinners all in one :)

No comments: