7.03.2011

it's July 2nd... lets have a party!!

Being out the USA made me want to have this party even more! I love throwing themed parties and this year it was just a little more challenging which only added to the fun :) When I was back in America for the weekend, I grabbed some plates and napkins from Walmart and then worked on everything else from here. I found lots of free printable things on the internet, so I printed a few off and made a few little decorations for the house. Robert is always willing to help me out and I love throwing parties with him! 

Found this great box and gave it a little  American look to it :) 


Its not much, but it was fun.

We were planning on a lot of people and a picnic in a park nearby, but not everyone was able to make it so we all just decided to stay in the air conditioned apartment rather than the muggy, hazy day outside :) I quickly unpacked the picnic bags and set everything out for an indoor party...



The menu was a lot of fun to make too! 
Hamburgers and Hotdogs
(with ALL the trimmings) 
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
Deviled Eggs 
Watermelon 
Can't get more American than that, huh? :) 

Pastor Oliver~Roger~ Sean~ Ariel 

Ben~ Hannah~Robert~Ellen~Nathan 
(The Pastor's other son Caleb wasn't able to make it)


Robert's new toy...the Bug Zapper. It leaves a ball of flame where there once was a bug. 
It's really quite powerful and it has given him entertainment of late. 



After we ate dinner, a few of us played a few rounds of Speed Scrabble and Dutch Blitz. 
We had a lot of fun and shared some laughs. 


Just proves that you can be patriotic where ever you find yourself.
 It was a wonderful day with friends and a chance to be AMERICANS~ loud and proud! :) 

I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July with friends and family! 

No comments: