10.26.2011

nature + good friends + amazing food

Wow! It's been practically years since I blogged... or at least that's how it feels. Life hasn't changed much on this front. We're still working all day, studying all night and trying to remain sane. We toiled for 2 weeks over a 12 page paper and a 15 page paper and now that those are finished, its amazing how free I suddenly feel, despite the fact that there is still more work to do. We have managed to squeeze in a few fun things here and there and I am finally getting around to telling you about them. A couple weeks ago (I honestly can't remember when- time is a bit muddled at present) our church went on a picnic. We drove about 30-45 minutes away and came to a gorgeous picnic location. Here in Seoul you can't just grill anywhere you want, so they have actualy picnic places set up where you bring your own meat and things and they provide the grill, and side vegetables. There is also a coffee shop and little huts to sit in and enjoy fellowship. It really was an amazing, relaxing day which is just what I needed! 

The Gorgeous View! 




I loved watching the kids play! They were having such a blast :) 
Leah and Hannah 


My good friend Grace 


I noticed a butterfly and tried to snap the picture before he flew away :) 

and then the men started grilling... 

LUNCH TIME
I will just say right now that Korean picnics are far superior to any other kind! :)


~I only included this picture because it struck me funny ~





In South Africa we had cosmos and I absolutely loved them! I really thought they only grew in South Africa but have seen them elsewhere since living there. I love the beauty and simplicity of them! 





Enjoying God's creation, wonderful friends, and great food... it was a day worth mentioning. 

Until next time... 

No comments: