2.24.2011

our cuisine

Some of you may remember me talking about my first trip to Korea three years ago. I had nothing good to say about the food and I lost about 5 pounds in 5 days. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to the food this time around. With all that said, I have been pleasantly surprised by the food this time around. I was visiting in a different area and so the food was totally different. Since we arrived, we have eaten out every night~ the boss took us out the first night and then again with all the teachers following the kindergarten presentation. All the other nights we have been out with our friend Jolie. I didn't take any pictures of the other restaurants but we have eaten in the traditional Korean where we sat on the floor, etc. By the way, I haven't used a fork since I arrived. Everything is eaten with chop sticks so I am getting quite proficient with them :) Tonight, Jolie took us to a wonderful restaurant and I decided to share pictures with you...




This is a very typical meal in Korea. One main dish in the middle and then tons of side dishes 


This is totally cool... I have never seen this done in the states. For dessert we had ice cream fondue from Baskin Robbins! Literally, they were little balls of ice cream dipped in chocolate that hardened. It was so amazing! 


Needless to say, the walking and the stairs are both necessary for the upkeep of my figure :) Don't feel sorry for me, I'm not suffering in Korea. :)

No comments: