5.24.2011

platinum blond roots

My friends can attest to the fact there there have been a few times in my life that it became extremely evident that deep down, I have blond roots!! They don't come around too often, but when they do, they are quite humerous! (Candace~ "Syndey White" ringing a bell? :) So here it goes...

As some of you know, I have an extremely strong sense of smell. Robert calls me "radar nose" :). Honestly, he can have his nose an inch deep into the candle wax and inhaling with a deep breath and still not get as strong of a scent as I do with the same candle 2 feet from my nose! This can be a good thing but can also be very annoying. As it was in the narrative I am about to share with you. So, as you can imagine, anything that begins smelling the least bit sour or musty, absolutely drives me crazy. For the last day or two I kept smelling something weird in the house. It kept smelling like dried roses; a smell I absolutely hate! Some of you may find this weird because don't most people COLLECT all the dried roses from their special someone as momentos from the past? Well, I still hate the smell of them! Anywhoo... on to the investigation. So there were a few options as to the source of this odd smell. First I thought maybe the trash, but after Robert took it out, the smell still lingered. Next option: we got a new air condition unit in the apartment. I thought maybe there was something in the filter and that it would eventually go away. While I was still pondering this option, option #3 presented itself. The kitchen drainer system is truly the oddest I have ever seen. There is a deep drain in which water just sits... No matter how hard you try, you cannot get all the water to go down the drain! Therefore, you can imagine the gross things that maybe growing in my sink drain. I have poured vinegar and bleach down a couple times so I thought maybe it was time to do it again... thus commencing the cleaning of the drains with gloves, toothbrushes and vinegar. The smell still lingered after all my failed attempts to rid the apartment of it.
Then it dawned on me... wait for it... The smell of dead roses was none other than... the smell of dead roses. Yet another fact that my friends can attest to is that I am a plant MURDERER! so seriously, my adorable little rose bush from my student is over on the desk dying, stinking up the house and I still don't have a clue?! When I discovered it I just burst out laughing! All this time the smell really was dead roses...

Never take life too seriously! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm laughing along with you. I do have a strong sense of smell too, but perhaps not as strong as yours. Enjoy life. :)

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny! Thanks for the laugh :)