11.07.2011

the Fall leaves are... well..uh, they're falling

This is really my first time to experience an actual Fall season. Visiting somewhere for a week doesn't really cut it. The last time I had the opportunity of enjoying some Fall was last year when I flew up to visit my brother Jeremy in Massachusetts and we did a mini one day road trip in the New England states. It was an amazing trip and we had a blast. Now living here, i am enjoying the touches of Fall. The only bad thing is that I really spend most of my time indoors unfortunately so I haven't been able to see as much of the beauty as I would like. Also the fact that I am right in the middle of a city brings about the fact that there is a limited amount of trees :) Anywhoo... on to other things. Life has continued to be hectic around here. I decided to give you a "smorgasbord" of our last couple weeks. 

We had to say goodbye to Amy, whose parents decided to move her to a different school. She was such a fun and energetic girl. She was the life of the party and we were all so sad to see her go. This was her last day of school at English Friends. 


Hanging out with some of my students after a presentation practice. 
(basically I was keeping them out of class...shh don't tell anyone) 


A little holiday gift from one of my students :) The kids here are so generous! A week doesn't go by that I don't get something given to me by students- coffee, a piece of candy, a little snack, something. It's so precious! 


With everything being so hectic, Robert and I decided it was time for a much needed date. We headed to the Times Square mall which is about an hour from our house. It's absolutely huge and a little more upscale and expensive than the ones near our place. We enjoyed the relaxing evening. 



*this made me think of the movie, "The Island" :)

We went to a lovely Italian restaurant for dinner


After dinner it was essential that we get a Starbucks "Fall" drink. Unfortunately Korea hasn't discovered the Pumpkin Spice Latte (I'm not sure why because they love pumpkin!), so I had to settle for a Creme Brule Macchiato, which was good, but not as good as my pumpkin spice... ok so I'm a little bitter but I'll get over it. 

We also found an amazing store that resembled Crate and Barrel. It had TONS of Christmas decorations! I was literally like a kid in a candy store! We decided that since we are only going to be here for the first two weeks of December (since we will be in AMERICA for the last two!!!!!), that we would go small scale this year. Hence, our entire Christmas decor is in that one bag :) 


Sunday's gorgeousness called for a stroll through town after church. 
There was no way we were passing up this experience!




We actually did the Kindy Halloween party early, so on October 31st, the boss said we could have parties in our classes. Of course, I love parties, so I was all in! 

After dressing up as Tinkerbelle last week, I didn't feel like doing it again so I just went a little more casual :) I was the only teacher that dressed up anyway :) 

*random, but I love these kinds of little notes 

I have shown pictures of my classroom before, but I wanted to show all my fun Fall decor
 (courtesy of friends, my mom, my aunt, and a few handmade things) 




 And then the festivities began! 
Since there wasn't going to be actual trick or treating at school, I made little goodie bags for each student and at the end of the party they had to say the "magic words" (trick or treat) to get their bag.


Luke was super excited about the party! :)

This cracked me up beyond words! My dear student Eric came in, so excited about the party 
and grabbed the marker and wrote this on the board. 
He was serious too! He had no idea that's not how you say it! :) 

EF 3-2: Kevin, Eric, Sophia, Luke (Steven and Rob were absent)
EF 2-2: Mary, Savina, Bernard, Benjamin, Edward (and James was hiding)

PMA: Victoria, Sophie, Alice, Jenny (Laney was absent) 

So there you have it. That's a wrap on October! I hope you all are having a fabulous Fall so far and I wish you all a wonderful day or night (depending on when you are reading this) :)

No comments: