3.10.2013

the days before heading home

Not only did I get to spend my birthday in America, but I was also able to be present at my friend Cilla's birthday celebrations which made me very happy. We had a nice dinner out and then met up with friends at the Melting Pot for some fondue dessert :) 





The Birthday girl :) 

After the partying was over, we headed back to Cilla and Audrey's where the annual closet purge went down. Basically every couple years I go through Cilla's closet and force her to get rid of stuff. It had been a good solid 2 years since the last one so we had our work cut out. The boys were obviously very little help during this process... 

We got to enjoy a gorgeous Saturday brunch with Daddy and Mama Black at the Breakers hotel which is an amazing experience. I had done it many years ago and so it was fun to go back with family. We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day either! Thank you South Florida. 




Later than evening, Grandma Jackie, Mama, Roanna, and I headed out for a lovely girls night starting with dinner at Sweet Tomatoes followed by Mary Poppins at the Kravis Center. It was such an amazing performance! We had such an awesome time together :) 




 

So happy to have seen all my amazing friends and family while I was in Florida. 
It was truly an amazing experience to be home for such a long time. 


We had a little family celebration for both Tami and Cilla on Sunday.


And then the packing began... or at least the packing, weighing, unpacking, weighing, repacking.... 

My awesome helpers :) 

We left Hobe Sound at 4:30am the next morning headed for West Palm Beach and then did the long trip home. All things considered, it was a great trip with very little inconvenience so I can't complain. The minute I landed in Seoul, I missed Sunny South Florida... 


While this has been a brief view of our time in America, it doesn't begin to capture all the awesome memories we made and the people we got to spend time with. Sometimes it was just sitting around drinking coffee or watching an episode of Take Home Chef, but those times were just as special as the ones pictured above. 

This visit home was a particularly special one because it was the last of its kind... the next time we return to Florida, we will be toting a 3 month old and there will be two sets of eager grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and a great grandma just ready to start the spoiling :) 

No comments: